- Welcome, check in, call to order 4:08pm: Approve minutes of February meeting: motion by Ella, seconded by Deb minutes approved
- Housekeeping items: Settings on Zoom accounts will be changed after today’s meetings to prepare for the conference. Polls and chat will be in Whova.
- Treasurer - Michelle Fontaine: account balance $101,896. Tax forms FY21 are filed, copies available for review.
- MLS liaison update - Christi Farrar: 10K grant MBLC for research in MA.
- Advocacy - Deb: Georgina continues to work with Heather Peske and Reuben at DESE, database task force committee includes Georgina and Jen Dimmick, Jen Varney added Pebble Go should be a state funded database.
- Awards - Wendy & Ingrid: Awards will be announced tomorrow and thank you’s will go out to nominators whose nominees did not win an award. Video at the conference highlighting awards on Saturday after keynote.
- Forum/Podcast -Luke Steere & Ella Stocker: Podcast talking through process by which books elected, series of episodes books on final list.
- Outreach / MLA Legislative Update - Deb Froggatt: see Advocacy
5. Professional Learning / 2022 Conference Update - Alix: 196 registered so far, Whova training March 13-19, all sessions have Board hosts, author panel: David Barclay Moore, Tara Sullivan, N. Griffin.
6. Intellectual Freedom next steps -Jen
- Small group at last “unconference” meeting, book challenge role play, Barb and Jen’s sister (Vice Principal) role played. Suggested one sheet of resources and links to policy database at MLS. After conference, focus on what we can offer to Superintendents and School Committee with one page summary for book challenges. Deb and Jen meeting to work on strategic plan, intellectual freedom. Please share thoughts, comments, and suggestions.
7. Other news/topics from board members:
Maria - email to membership re: Francisco X. Stork speaking on March 23.
Deb - letters from MSLA make an impact to make Superintendent and admin team aware of your role and contribution to your professional organization.
Motion to end Michelle, second Mike, meeting closed 4:49pm.