McDevitt Middle School Library/ Ms. Clerkin's Tech Literacy Class
Lucy Clerkin, Librarian
Barbara Walsh, Library paraprofessional
When you have a library full of kids long before the start of the school day, it’s time to get creative, and it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. About three years ago, Library Teacher Lucy Clerkin and Library Paraprofessional Barbara Walsh, like many other library professionals, decided to build a MakerSpace. For us, that meant a space stocked with stuff mostly borrowed and found that we hoped would someday and somehow be transformed into something.
Enter the Cardboard Castle Challenge.
- You can work in teams of two or more
- Your castle can’t be taller than one Math Teacher Ms. Woods 5” (see photo)
- Your castle can’t be wider than one Math Teacher Ms. Woods x 2: 4’ (see photo)
- Use cardboard and other found objects to build your castle
- Imagine, Build, Play, Share, Inspire
What are you making in your library?