Swampscott Public Schools is seeking a full-time K-4 Library/Media Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Teaching experience integrating technology and curriculum
- Experience with multimedia tools (SmartBoard, projection systems, digital cameras, etc.)
- Experience with G Suite for Education and MS Office
- Working knowledge of MAC computers and software, Chromebooks, and iPads (DoInk!, Explain Everything, Scratch, and other apps for creating)
- Proficient searching library databases and web for information
- Join with teachers and others to plan and implement meaningful experiences that will promote a love of reading and lifelong learning.
- Empower students to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers and ethical users of information.
- Create an environment that is conducive to active, participatory learning, resource-based instructional practices, and collaboration with teaching staff.
- Collaborate with teachers to design and teach engaging inquiry and learning experiences and assessments that incorporate multiple literacies and foster critical thinking..
- Participate in the implementation of collaboratively planned learning experiences by providing group and individual instruction.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the selection, acquisition, evaluation, and organization of information resources and technologies.
- Share with the school community collaboratively developed and up-to-date district policies concerning issues such as materials selection, circulation, reconsideration of materials, copyright, privacy and acceptable use.
- DESE Certification - Library All Levels
- Willingness to travel among schools to work with other Library Media Specialists for training and collaboration
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Motivated to grow with this position