Tri County Regional Vocational High School Library Media Center
Students at Tri County spend their time split among seventeen vocational programs and regular academic classes. This learning environment creates multiple opportunities to engage with students and staff around assignments and projects.
The Library Media Center at Tri County is a hub for all patrons to pursue their passions with the help of diverse resources, and the large space allows them to reflect and seek what their curious minds crave. Our learning communities take advantage of the wealth of online resources offered. These resources provide access to information and enable patrons to participate in interactive learning communities in multiple ways.
Here are a few examples of the ongoing ways our patrons engage with the Library Media Center:
- Adding titles to their virtual shelves in Destiny Quest
- Making face to face and online requests for new titles and being collaborative partners in collection development
- Using Analyze Topic Finder tool in the Gale databases to fine tune research queries
- Having group literary debates
- Taking Information Literacy Challenges in Classcraft to gain XP for themselves and their team
- Writing book reviews to share with other students, connecting with friends, and commenting on the school's virtual social network
- Using the open space for quiet study groups
- Accessing credible online resources at one of 48 workstations
- Receiving reader's advisory services both virtually and face to face for groups and individuals
- Reading news articles on NewsELA at the right Lexile level.
- Using the space in the round (the nonfiction section) for mock trials and other dramatic class sessions
- Finding a title to read, watch, or listen to from the physical or digital collection
- Accessing support material for shop and academic classes through ITSLearning, the school learning management system