and her PTA was a recipient of a 2016 MSLA PALS award
Their websites are:
The Library Media Specialists in each building in the District are the Project liaisons. They are open to collaboration as well assisting staff, students, and visitors in locating and recommending resources. Each District school will be participating in various ways from fundraising, to book displays, to bulletin boards of student work in their buildings or in the Public Library. Check with your School to see what is happening. Any involvement of people who work together for a common goal will make a difference.
The Project goals are:
- to help each Shelter equally in diverse ways;
- to enrich student learning by enabling them to use and enhance critical thinking skills through a community service project experience;
- to enable students to provide needed assistance to Plymouth agencies and to the animals served by the agencies;
- to provide students with diverse leadership experiences inside and/or outside the classroom;
- to encourage students to be involved citizens in their Community;
- to offer parents and other members of the Plymouth Community the opportunity to support and assist students in community service; and
- to create a database of k-12 Project-related resources.
Our driving question is as follows:
What can we/I do as a Community group or member to give back and make a difference by supporting the three animal shelters in Plymouth?
For a general search with pertinent, specific ideas go to:
For additional specific ideas/models check the following sites:
Be Kind to Animals: Encouraging Compassion through Humane Education | Offices of the American Library Association
Thank you for considering helping to support our animals in need.