The Hosmer Elementary School is seeking a full time Library/Technology Specialist beginning September 1, 2016.
The Library/Technology Specialist is responsible for delivering, in a blended model, both school library services and instructional technology support in collaboration with the technology specialist to the school community.
As a Library/Technology Teacher you will:
• Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, ethical users and producers of information (Digital Literacy)
• Work with students and instructional staff to strengthen the use of digital tools and media-rich resources to create original projects/products
• Provide resources and programs that promote independent reading and writing in a variety of genres and reading levels
• Educate students and staff on the district’s Acceptable Use Policy and other related policies and procedures that support appropriate use of technologies
• Design, teach, and support professional development opportunities for staff to increase proficiency with technology
• Collaborate with teachers to design, teach, and assess learning experiences that incorporate inquiry learning, critical thinking and self-assessment
• Work with instructional staff to ensure the development of 21st century skills related to technology literacy are embedded into learning across content areas
• Explore, evaluate, and model new technologies in support of teaching and learning
As a Library/Technology Administrator you will:
• Oversee, manage and foster a creative, flexible, inviting and orderly Learning Commons
• Collaborate and network with community and outside agencies (public libraries, area universities, technology organizations)
• Help maintain an up to date inventory of all library and technology resources in the building, including equipment location and repair records in collaboration with the technology teacher.
• On site troubleshooting for technical difficulties within the building in collaboration with the technology teacher.
• Massachusetts DESE School Library Media certification
Watertown Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or age.
30 Common Street
Watertown, Massachusetts 02472