Apply by: Please apply until filled to: www.falmouth.k12.ma.us
- Massachusetts Library Educator Licensure
- Demonstrated experience in successful teaching in the school library media setting and at the level required
- Demonstrated competency in automated library management systems and electronic research
- Demonstrated competency in technology using standard applications and the Internet
- Such other alternatives as the Superintendent of Schools may deem acceptable and appropriate.
- Plans instruction that enriches and extends classroom instruction and integrates the Library Curriculum, research process and information and media literacy
- Instructs students and staff in the effective and ethical uses of the library and its resources
- Collaborate with teachers in planning lessons and activities that maximize the use of library resources
- Assist students and teachers in selection of instructional materials, both print and electronic
- Advocates and promotes reading and life-long learning
- Leads in the school’s use of instructional technology to enhance learning
- Manage and supervise the library facility, its budget, and its programs
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to learning
- Maintains an accurate, up-to-date catalog of resources
- Evaluates and selects resources that build a collection addressing recreational reading and curricular needs in collaboration with staff.
- Maintains a collection that adheres to state recommended guidelines for size, age and variety
- Develop and maintain a library procedures and policies manual
- Prepares and submit accurate reports as required
- Supervise and train library media support staff and volunteers
- Advocate effectively for the library media program and its services
- Maintains currency in state and local curriculum
- Continue to grow in the position through attendance at meetings, conferences, seminars, through readings in professional literature, and through enrollment in college or university courses
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal/Director of Technology/Library Media.